Girl Reading Announcement

The state legislature passed Assembly Bill 104 over the summer.  This bill authorizes a parent, guardian, or education rights holder of a pupil, or, for a pupil who is 18 years of age or older, the pupil, to apply to change the letter grade received for a 2020-2021 course to a Pass or No Pass grade on a pupil’s transcript. If altering a grade is chosen, the student’s grade point average earned will not be negatively impacted.  

Both the CSU and UC systems have issued guidance on how they will handle admissions and GPA calculations for transcripts with Pass or No Pass grades. The CSU information can be found here, and UC information can be found here. AB 104 requires CSU schools, and encourages UC and private postsecondary schools, to accept without prejudice any transcripts with Pass/No Pass grades.  The California Department of Education has conducted a survey of which colleges will accept for admission purposes a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade issued as a result of the enclosed application.  Survey results may be found on the next page.  Some postsecondary educational institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade for admission purposes.

If a grade change is desired, the application enclosed must be returned to the Counseling Department of the school or emailed to: before August 17, 2021.  Any applications received after this date cannot be processed.  The school will process requests and update transcripts within 15 days of receipt of an application.  

You can find the entire announcement, survey results, and grade change application here.